Home » Editorial, Opinion

Say ‘no’ to No Shave November

4 November 2012 By Daryllee Hale, Staff Writer 6 Comments

The sentiment behind Movember is nice-men register on us.movember.com and proceed to grow moustaches to raise awareness and funds for men’s health issues. But let’s be honest, how many guys that claim they’re participating in No Shave November are doing it for this cause? Not many, at least in my experience. Most of the guys that I’ve met who do No Shave November are just trying to prove that when faced with a challenge, they can take it. But as a female, I find the whole idea somewhat repulsive.

Alright, so picture this: you’re a guy.

You’re hanging out with your girlfriend, drinking peppermint coffee and snuggling under blankets staying warm from the crisp November weather.

Your snuggle time is escalating when suddenly you realize-she didn’t shave her legs.

Well, you wanted to cuddle with your girlfriend, not the enchanted forest. So riddle me this: as a girl, why would I want to have to deal with that on your face? Now I’m not saying that all facial hair is doomed to be a major turn-off, sometimes it really fits with a guy’s overall look and personality. However, don’t participate in No Shave November just to participate. Make sure that facial hair suits you, and then, please keep it tame.

Trust me, your girlfriend (and the rest of society) will appreciate it.

• Prudence Dogood said:

Well, are we opintionated.

Too bad tripe like this gets published. No wonder no one takes the Towerblight seriously!

• hostgator 1 cent coupon code 2013 said:

I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it.

• brooklyn vet services said:

Remarkable issues here. I’m very satisfied to peer your article. Thank you so much and I am having a look forward to touch you. veterinarian new york

• learn chinese language online said:

There a few interesting points soon enough on this page but I do not determine if they all center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I check into it further. Great post , thanks and that we want a lot more!

• Wrought Iron Rails Austin TX said:

Your article has proven useful to me. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area.

• liteforex said:

Hi there to every one, the contents present at this web page are actually amazing for people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.